3.20.2012

Making a Statement!

Those who know me know I have no problem making a statement.  I'm not afraid to step out of the traditional bride box and really want to infuse my own style and personality into my wedding day. So it would come as no surprise to any of them that I would want to make a statement with my wedding day look.

When I first started thinking about my wedding day look, I thought about my shoes, veil, hair, make-up, nails and dress. I actually didn't give a ton of thought to what jewelry I would wear that day. It's not that I don't like jewelry and I wasn't planning on wearing it. It was that it wasn't exactly high on my list of things to figure out.

Drew and wedding guests, this would be the perfect time for you to go take a hike. Or at the very least, plan to take a hike while on Maui for our wedding. Here's a little map to help you out with that:

{source}

Now I think statement necklaces are amazing. I love the way they look with a wedding dress and the look they create for a bride. But, like not thinking about my wedding day jewelry, I didn't think about having a statement necklace, either. My statement necklace just sort of found me.

Like my wedding shoes, I had this necklace even before we got engaged. Even before we talked about getting married. I had bought it on a fluke and never felt like I had a good enough reason to wear it. It was special and I was saving it for a special occasion.

A couple years ago, my girlfriend, Julie of Fab Gabs Vintage posted on Facebook that her shop was featured on the front page of Etsy. I clicked on the link and that's when I saw this necklace also featured on the front page by The Silver Dog that I just loved right away and instantly bought it. When clicking on the link I was actually scared that the necklace was going to be gone. I was so glad to see that it was still available and didn't waste any time snatching it up.

Fast forward a few years later while Drew and I were just starting off wedding planning. As soon as we figured out our wedding colors, I knew exactly what I'd been waiting to wear that necklace for all of this time; our wedding day! Isn't it gorgeous?


{source for both pictures}

I think it's beyond perfect. It makes a statement, yet it's elegant at the same time. It has our wedding colors and a vintage feel to it. In fact, the beads and roses used to make it are vintage. Another great wedding check off the great wedding to do list.

Now to find the right earrings....

What kind of jewelry will you be wearing on your wedding day? Will you be going subtle and more traditional or making a statement?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...