4.22.2012

The Perfect Pair

No, this post is not about Drew and I. Even though I'd like to think of us as the perfect pair and many tell us that we were made for each other. What I'm talking about is my wedding day earrings. Like finding the perfect wedding hair, finding the right earrings also took me a bit of time.

I knew what I wanted to wear that day, but was having a hard time finding it. Something not to small, but not to big. Something with a little flash, but not too much. Something that looked like something I would actually wear and would wear after the wedding. I just couldn't find it.

Oh, right. Drew and wedding guests this is your time to exit. You don't need to be seeing any of these until the wedding day. You know, when I walk down the aisle.

{source}


Originally I purchased a pair of earrings from Red Envelope Gifts on Etsy that I pretty much settled on. Not that there is anything wrong with them. I actually really like them and plan on wearing them for some other wedding related event. They just weren't really what I wanted to wear for the wedding day. They also didn't match the necklace that I wanted to wear. They became my backup earrings in case I couldn't find anything else and the necklace ended up getting scratched. (Like that was going to happen. I puffy heart that necklace!)

Pretty, but not what I wanted to wear for the wedding. 

One of my favorite jewelry designers of today is Tarina Tarantino. Her designs are perfectly me. I've been to her boutique in NYC and was like a kid in a candy store. I had a serious field day shopping in there. Both Drew and MOH Nicki get me Tarina Tarintino jewelry for my birthday and Christmas on a regular basis because they always know I will love it.

At the Tarina Tarantino Store in Soho NY.

What I really wanted to wear for our wedding day was some Tarina Tarantino earrings. I wanted something that would dangle, had red and some sparkle. I thought a couple pearls would be nice too, since there were some pearls in my necklace. For 1 and a half years, I kept watching to see what Tarina Tarantino was currently offering in hopes something would come up to meet my requirements. But, nothing ever did.

I also kept a look out to see if I could find any other earrings that would come close to what I was trying to find. I searched etsy all the time. I never found anything close to what I wanted and finally decided to wear a pair of Tarina Tarantino earrings that I already owned that Drew had given me for my birthday a couple years ago and had won for our engagement party. But, I was worried they were too big to wear with a statement necklace. What was a bride to do when she couldn't find the perfect earrings?

Wearing the Tarina Tarantino earrings I was thinking of wearing on our wedding day at our engagement party. 

Then Irish luck would finally be on my side when I received an email from Tarina Tarantino with a picture of the exact earrings that I'd been looking for. I quickly sent an email to MOH Nicki with a link to the earrings and a link to my necklace asking her what she thought. She replied that they were perfect agreeing with what I'd already thought. I bought them right then and was so excited when they came. After 1 and a half years of searching, I finally found the perfect pair of earrings to wear on our wedding day. Now I finally have my hair figured out and earrings to wear.

Being a fan of Tarina Tarantino, I get all excited every time I open something up to see what little pink bag. 

The earrings- something that dangles with red, sparkle and pearls. 

What do you think? Great match or what?

Did you trouble finding anything that you wanted for your wedding day? What was it and did you finally find it?


All photos are personal photos, unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...