After we'd looked at all of these venues we were feeling a bit discouraged that we weren't going to be able to find what we were looking for on Maui. However, we now had a better idea of what we weren't and were looking for.
|With so much beauty on Maui, why were we having such a hard time finding the right location for our wedding?|
1. We wanted somewhere we could get married on the beach, but we didn't want to have to go through the extra time, hassle and money to get a beach permit. We also didn't plan on hiring a wedding planner and getting a beach permit without one can be a little tricky.
2. We didn't want to have to pay for a full wedding venue when we were only going to have about 20 in attendance, including us for the wedding.
3. We wanted somewhere that provided food, as well. We didn't want to have to hire an additional vendor for catering.
4. We preferred somewhere we could stay at to make it easier and cut down on transportation.
5. We wanted a place that represented old Hawaii and was away from the hustle and bustle of all of the tourist areas.
With all of this in mind, we headed back to the Internets hoping to find something that would meet our needs. Sadly, we came up empty handed. We were just about to throw in our hats when an idea popped into my mind. I wondered if a place that Amanda had been to when she was on Maui did weddings.
I quickly looked up their website and found that they did. Eureka! I filled out the inquiry form and waited to hear back from them. While I waited, I surfed around their site and discovered that they also had an inn. Something I hadn't known before. And that they held weddings on their property with the ocean right behind you so you didn't have to get a beach permit. So far all of things we wanted was in the one place. I just had to wait to hear back about prices.
Being considered one of the best restaurants on the Islands, I was a little scared we won't be able to afford to get married there. Boy was I glad when their special events coordinator got back to me and the prices were exactly in our range. Not only did they have everything we wanted, but it we had our wedding and reception there and kept it under a certain amount of people they didn't charge a wedding or reception fee. Wait! What? No fee to have our wedding and reception in a place that met all of our needs? Wait, what's the catch?
The great news was that there was no catch. We had finally found a venue that meet all of our requirements and so much more. We quickly sent in our deposit, booked our room and successfully checked another item off our wedding to do list.
Did you have certain requirements that you need met when looking for a wedding venue? What were they?
*All photos are personal photographs.