3.27.2012

Showered with Aloha- Getting Dressed

With both of my best girlfriends in town, we decided to get ready for the shower in STYLE! In other words, we kind of did a dry run for the wedding and went all out with getting our hair and nails done. We went over to my  neighbor's house first thing in the morning to get ready. My neighbor, Deb, did each of our hair while we took turns getting dressed and putting our make-up on.

I have a vintage hair dryer and was able to bring that over so Deb could set Honey in curlers while she rolled my hair in hot curlers. Once I had my curlers in, Deb started going to work on Nicki's hair. I took that time to start on my make-up. Which I almost had finished before Deb was ready for me, again.

Don't you just love that hair dryer? 



Nicki's turn.


Let's try the half up and half down look. 


I had to finish up my make-up after my hair was done. 

Once we were all dressed, we headed back to my house to pick up the supplies for the shower and for Drew to drive us downtown. We knew that there was going to be drinking at the shower and we wanted to make sure that we didn't have to worry about drinking and driving. Drew was great in not only driving us downtown, but also helping with all kinds of things to help us get ready for the shower.

On our way downtown, we made a stop at the nail salon for manis and pedis. Natural Nails on SE Burnside in Portland is my favorite place to go. They do a great job and the prices are great. It was so nice to just sit back and relax for a bit before the shower.



Notice what I'm reading?

I successfully talked Nicki into trying shellac. And you know what? She loved it! She even said she was going to have it done for the wedding.

If you haven't had shellac done before, I highly recommend it. It's a nail polish that actually stays on. Even when washing your hair and doing dishes. Yet, it's much less damaging than having fake nails put on. Every time I get it, I am so happy with the results.

Once we were all prepped and primed, Drew took us downtown to get set up for the shower....


Did you do anything special to get ready for your bridal shower?



Missed one of our previous shower recaps? Get caught up here.

*The recaps kick-off.



All photos are personal photos.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...