3.04.2012

Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful!

Today is my 36th birthday. Gulp! Where did the time go? 36 years old and getting married for the first time. I won't beat around the bush, I want to look A-MAZE-ING for our wedding day. I want my skin to look young and fresh. I want it to glow. And I want that to translate through to our wedding pictures. Even though I had a co-worker who told me earlier this week that I don't look a day over 27 (THANK YOU!) I've started to take some steps to achieve healthier skin before our wedding day.

First I started off with what I could do for myself to have beautiful skin on our wedding day. I've cut alcohol, sugar, grains, dairy, caffeine and processed foods from my diet. I also made sure to drink plenty of water every day. I'm drinking some as we speak.

Next up I went through my beauty regime to see what needed to be updated and what should stay the same. The two things I decided to change was my facial cleanser and toner. I'd heard some great things about Jason's Super-C cleanser and wanted to give it a try. I picked it up at our local Whole Foods and I am so glad that I did. The quality of my skin has greatly improved since I started using it. It seems softer, cleaner, less oily and not tight or dried out. Exactly how I'd like my skin to feel.

Check this product out!
{source}

I decided to stick with my Oil of Olay moisturizer and eye cream that I've been using for years. They have both withstood the test of time and I always go back to them. Didn't see any reason to switch them up when they are clearly doing their job. The other thing I didn't change was the Kirkland facial wipes I get from Costco that I use to take off my make-up at night.

Skin is looking pretty good!

Once I had all of this figured out I figured the next step was to talk to my esthetician and good friend, Jane Cowan, and see what she would recommend. We talked my current beauty regime over and she said she loved it. I was glad to hear that because I was a little scared that she would recommend that I got some really expensive products. Wheeww!

Then she told me she recommended, starting three months before the wedding, that I should come in once per month for a facial and a microdermabrasion session. With my last session being 10 days before the wedding. She also told me as a wedding gift, she's throw in a free microcurrent treatment that I would love! I have no idea what that is, but I'm already excited about it!

April will be the start of the three months leading up to the wedding. I'm so excited to get going with the rest of this and see how the results turn out. Here's to beautiful skin on our wedding day!

Will you be taking extra steps to insure beautiful skin on your wedding day?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...