8.08.2009

Day 2 of Tiki Road Trip 2009

Friday started off with a drive out highway 116 to show Drew where I grew up and the Russian River area of California. We drove from Santa Rosa out to Monte Rio making stops in both Forestiville and Guerneville. I showed him houses I had lived in, the schools I went to, places I use to go to, and even the house I was born in.

Along the way, we had a really great lunch at Mosaic in Forestville. Mosaic is owned by my best guy friend growing up, Tai Olesky. We sat out on the patio and enjoyed Asian salads with grilled prawns and shared two kinds of french fries. All of the food was so yummy. However, the best part was getting to see Tai for a bit and the success he had created in his life.

The highlight of the day, however, was meeting up with my friends Eva and Juan. We headed out to Forbidden island together and had a really great time doing so. The decor was fabulous, the drinks were super yummy, and we got all kinds of fun goodies to bring home with us.

The food at Mosiac was wonderful.

My high school, El Molino.

Carr's Drive-in is exactly the same as it was when I went there as a child.

The Pink Elephant was my dad's bar of choice.

The house I was born in.

I use to go to the RIo theater every week for their weekly double feature.

I have many fond memories at Pee-Wee Golf. Notice the dinosour no longer has much arms left due to the floods that happened.

Forbidden Island in Alameda.

At the bar.

Eva and Juan joined us for drinks.

2 comments:

Vintage Roadside said...

Looks like you guys are having a great trip. Love the Pink Elephant sign!

kimmy kupcakes said...

I thought you would love that sign. I have many memories at that place. I also have a picture of it at night all lite up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...