4.25.2012

Bathing Suit Ready!

Over the weekend I realized it was only 10 more weekends until we leave for Maui. YAY! But also, YIKES! Only 10 more weeks and then I will be in a bathing suit at least 10 days out of the 14 we will be there. Only 10 more weeks to be bathing suit ready!

I've already been doing plenty to look much better in my bathing suit by working out for the last year. I also found out some foods that were causing me to retain water that I've now cut out of my diet. All of this led to getting to buy a smaller bathing suit for Maui this year. Woohoo!

On Maui in January. 

Now I want to step up my game, push myself harder and up the results of all my hard work. (This being said as I do squats in front of the computer while I write this.) I thought some of you may also be working towards being bathing suit ready for your wedding, honeymoon or just a summer vacation and may like to know what it is I will be doing to get ready.

1. Use Nivea Good-Bye Cellulite Gel
I thought I'd start you off with something easy that everyone can do. This stuff seriously works and will make a difference in the appearance of your cellulite in as little as 2 weeks. I've used this in the past and was really happy with the results. I picked up both the Good-Bye Cellulite gel and the Good-Bye Cellulite fast acting serum at my local Target. Started using them this week and will continue to every day until after we get back from Maui.

2. Get a Tan
Yeah, yeah, yeah, tanning's bad for you. However, I disagree. Don't get me wrong, I agree that tanning every day is not a good idea. But, I don't agree that getting sun is bad. You get vitamin D from the sun; a very important vitamin that we need to thrive. I know, I feel sluggish, a bit down and lacking something in my life when I'm not getting enough sunshine. All of this goes away when I get some sun.

I also believe it's a much better idea to slowly build a tan by exposing yourself to a tanning bed starting at a very low number, 3-5 minutes depending on your skin type, every other day and slowly working your way up in time minute by minute. Being very careful not to increase the time if it's going to make you burn. The point is to slowly build a base tan to keep you from burning. Not only burning in the tanning bed, but also burning once you arrive at your sunny destination. If you go without any base at all you are highly likely to burn once you get there and no one wants a sunburn for their destination wedding or on their honeymoon.

3. Drink Lots of Water
Yup, that's it. Just drink lots of water. It's really the only thing you should be drinking. Cut the soda, alcohol and caffeine out. Sure, you'll be cutting out the fun, but isn't it worth it to look better for the beach?

4. Eat Clean
I try to eat as clean as possible and follow a Paleo lifestyle. That means I eat lots of vegetables, grass-fed beef, poultry, seafood, fruit and nuts. Nothing else. You can't get much cleaner than that.

5. Exfoliate Your Body
Grab a loofah, jump in the shower and get to work. Get all of the dead skin off from the winter. It'll make your skin look healthier and you will tan more even, too. A salt or sugar scrub is also nice to get all of that dead skin off.

6. Get Your Zzzzzzzs
That's right, it's important to get plenty of sleep when trying to get your body into its best shape. There are more than enough studies out there that show if you aren't getting enough sleep it leads to stress on your body and weight gain.

7. Get Physical!
You didn't really think you were going to get away with not exercising, did you? Go for at least 30 minutes every single day. Do lunges, squats, planks, push-ups, crunches and jump rope. Oh, yeah, I am so not a doctor. This is just some of the stuff I do. So don't hurt yourself or anything.

Are you ready for getting in your bathing suit? What kinds of things do you do to look your best in your swim suit?


*All photos are personal photos.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...