4.06.2012

Reveal: Cock n Hen Invitation

I've got another reveal for all of you! This time it's for our Cock n Hen party on Maui! All of our guests have now received their invitations so it's save for me to share them with all of you. I really hated how the invitations looked with parts being erased so I decided to share these in a different way from here on out. I will first share a image of part of the invitation that doesn't show any private information or specific details. After the event has taken place, I will post another image showing more of the invitation. Sound like a good idea? Great, glad we agree. :) 

And now the moment you've all been waiting for, our Cock n Hen Party invitation reveal!


What do you think? I love it! I love the vintage cock graphic and how it goes with all of the other wedding paper. I also love how this too matches the wedding week activities insert card. One of those things that maybe only I notice, but love. I can't wait to share more about the Cock n Hen party with all of you and what we will be doing that night. But that is a post for another day.

Drew and I threw around what we wanted to do for bachelor and bachelorette parties when we first started planning the wedding. Did we want to do it in Portland? Did we want to do it on Maui? Did we want to do both? Our first reaction was to do one in both Portland and Maui, but as we got closer to the wedding we decided to just do it on Maui. We've had so many wedding related parties and there are still so many more to go. Not that I'm complaining, it's just that it didn't seem necessary to have two of this kind of party. Plus, what we decided to do for the party on Maui couldn't really be topped. (But, that's a story for a different post.)

Since we are getting married on Maui the only way to go with the bachelor and bachelorette party was to make it a Cock n Hen party. Have you even been to Hawaii? There are chickens all over the place. In fact, as soon as we pulled out of the car rental lot at the airport we saw our first chickens when we were there in January. It cracked me up. Other times we saw them it was only because the cock was cock-a-doodle-dooing up in some tree. With many bachelorette parties being called Hen parties and there being so many chickens on Hawaii we knew having our joint bachelor and bachelorette party would be perfect dubbed a Cock n Hen party.

Will you be having a Cock n Hen (stag, bachelor, bachelorette, hen, etc) party? Did your invitations match the rest of your wedding invitation suite?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...