4.27.2012

A Bouquet of a Different Color

Drew, this post is not for you. Now hit the road! xoxox

Wedding guests, this is your cue to exit, too. :)

Getting married on Maui, I thought for sure I'd have a bouquet of beautiful tropical flowers. I spent much too long searching on-line for inspiration. I looked at simple ones, over the top ones, understated ones and just right ones. There was so many to pick from. However, I kept going back to ones featuring plumerias. 

I love plumeria flowers. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've tried to grow my own plumeria trees, inside, in Oregon and Northern California. It doesn't work. I always get those plumeria sticks, put them in a pot, follow the directions and either nothing takes root or they will grow some leaves before they die. Can't get past a few leaves. Anyone have any tips for me? A part of me has given up on ever having my own plumeia tree, that is until I move back to Hawaii, but I could at least have plumerias in my bouquet. 

Thus, began my photo collection of plumeria bouquets:

{source}


{source}

{source}

{source}

Aren't they just gorgeous? I know, you want one now, too. I just love looking at these pictures. They are all so beautiful. Well, except for the BANANAS in the one picture. Those are down right the nastiest food that there is! Squirrel! 

I was all set to have a bouquet of plumeria flowers and then another destination bride posted a picture of a bouquet made of shells on the boards. STOP THE PRESSES!!! What? A bouquet made out of shells? Now that's a bouquet of a different color! 

I started searching Etsy for shell bouquets. I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of them myself. I asked my mom what she thought of them and she replied that she thought they were the perfect bouquet for a mermaid. Something I was convinced I was, as a child. 

Then I came a cross Kimberly Aurora's Romantic Flowers and I was sold! She makes the most beautiful shell bouquets. Check them out: 

{source}

{source}

A bouquet fit for a bee! Or a girl named Honey.
{source}

I! Was! Hooked! I had to have one! Did I get one? You bet I did! And I couldn't be happier with it. It's amazing. Simply amazing. One of the best things about it is I can keep it after the wedding. If I had gotten a bouquet of fresh flowers I wouldn't have been able to keep it. It would have never made it through inspection. I'm so happy with my choice! 

Oh, you want to see the one that I had special made just for me? Well, you are going to have to wait until the wedding recaps for that. 

What kind of bouquet will you be holding as you walk down the aisle? 

2 comments:

calihoney said...

These are so pretty! I love the shell bouquet idea! And especially that last one ;)

kimmy kupcakes said...

I thought you would! I should of shown you mine when you were here. I didn't even think of it. It makes me sad that you read this post because it's a huge reality slap that you aren't coming to the wedding. Sad!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...