12.01.2010

Remember When


Remember when you were little on a hot day and only certain ice cream treats would make you happy? For me, it was It’s Its. I loved those so much. Mint chocolate was my favorite. I didn’t realize that this was mostly a Bay Area treat I was lucky enough to grow up with until I asked Drew if he remembered them. He did not. In fact, he had never heard of them or had one. Of course, I made it my mission that he had to have one.

While in California I was very excited to find them at a truck stop in the middle of nowhere. Unfortunately, they were out of the mint. We got vanilla instead and enjoyed them so much. Vanilla ice cream pressed between two oatmeal cookies and dipped in chocolate is pretty damn good. I think next time we are in California we need to go to the factory and do their tour.

Another childhood favorite was Eskimo Pie. Really this was my mom’s favorite, but they still hold a special place in my childhood. Drew remembered those, but insisted that they didn’t make them anymore, that they never came on a stick and that Klondike bars were Eskimo Pies with a new name. I didn’t believe him and set off to find Eskimo Pies. I didn’t have to look very far either. I found them at the WinCo down the street from us.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...